Fighting Back Against Police Brutality

The vast majority of police officers strive to uphold the law and take their duty to serve and protect the residents who reside in their cities and communities seriously. There are times, however, when police officers overstep the boundaries of authority and violate the rights of individual citizens.

At Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg and Gifford, we stand by and up for individuals who have been the targets of police misconduct and brutality. In cases where allegations of police wrongdoing are raised, our highly skilled civil rights attorneys thoroughly examine evidence to discover inconsistencies and build a formidable case that supports your claims.

Did The Police Violate Your Rights?

While police officers are afforded a tremendous amount of power and authority, they are not above or immune to the law. If you believe that a police officer violated your civil rights, you may be able to recover compensation for the harm, injuries and losses you suffered.

Examples of police activities that may be considered civil rights abuses include:

  • Illegal search and seizure
  • Use of Tasers, batons and chemical irritants
  • Police shootings
  • Assault and battery
  • False arrest and imprisonment

It can be challenging to prove claims of police misconduct as official police statements are likely to contradict your account of what happened. It's very important, therefore, to have evidence that supports your claims.

In addition to your firsthand and eyewitness accounts, other evidence that may be vital to your claim include any cellphone video or audio recordings, police body or dash camera footage, ambulance records and medical records.

Holding Police Officers And Departments Accountable

If you or a loved one suffered injuries and harm due to the actions of a police officer, it's important to determine if your civil rights were violated. Call a lawyer at our firm at 215-822-7575 or 800-358-9367 or contact us online to discuss your case and to learn more about how we can help you recover the compensation you deserve.