Liam J. Duffy
Location: Colmar, Pennsylvania
Email: E-mail Me
Liam J. Duffy joined Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg and Gifford in October 2013 as an associate attorney. Mr. Duffy was born and raised in Hatboro, Pennsylvania and is a graduate of Archbishop Wood High School in Warminster.
His practice focuses on Family Law, including divorce, custody, support, equitable distribution, and Protection From Abuse (PFA); Business Law; Civil Litigation; Consumer Protection; Collections; and Landlord-Tenant Law. Mr. Duffy is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey and is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and Montgomery County Bar Association.
Mr. Duffy graduated from Rutgers Law School in 2013. At Rutgers, he was a semifinalist in the moot court competition and received the “Best Brief” award. He was also a member of the Rutgers Law Journal and published an article on State Constitutional Law entitled, “State Constitutional Law – Search and Seizure – Warrantless and Suspicionless Search.” Prior to obtaining his law degree, Mr. Duffy worked for six years in corporate finance. During that time, he earned his Master’s in Finance from Saint Joseph’s University. He holds a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Delaware.
In addition to practicing law, Mr. Duffy is an Adjunct Professor of Finance at Penn State University and the American College. In his free time, he enjoys exercising and competing in triathlons and road-running races.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Protection From Abuse (PFA)
- Business Law
- Civil Litigation
- Consumer Protection
- Landlord-Tenant Law
- Pennsylvania, 2013
- New Jersey, 2013
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2015
- Rutgers School of Law – Camden, Camden, New Jersey
- Juris Doctorate – 2013
- Saint Joseph’s University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- M.B.A. – 2007
- Major: Finance
- University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts – 2002
- “State Constitutional Law – Search and Seizure – Warrantless and Suspicionless Search of Parolee’s Hotel Room By A General Law Enforcement Office Violates Article 1, Section 8 of the Iowa Constitution.” Rutgers Law Journal, Vol. 43, Issue 4.
Honors and Awards
- 2017 & 2018 Pennsylvania “Rising Stars” Selectee, Published in Philadelphia Magazine
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member, 2013 – Present
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Member, 2013 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- Tekni-Plex Inc., Treasury Consultant
- Leaf Financial Corp., Treasury Manager
- Aramark Corp., Senior Treasury Analyst
- GMAC, Financial Analyst