Location: Colmar, Pennsylvania
Email: E-mail Me
Meyer Simon joined Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg and Gifford in September 2013. He was previously the Managing Partner of Green and Simon in Glenside, PA.
He brought to the firm an active practice representing local, regional, and national business clients, including manufacturers, service businesses, hotel and construction businesses, professional practices, and financial institutions. He had experience in business planning, acquisitions, sales, and mergers. His practice was diverse and included litigation, real estate, corporate and business, estate planning and administration, personal injury, and family law.
Mr. Simon graduated in 1974 from University of Baltimore School of Law and holds a bachelor’s degree from the Pennsylvania State University. He was a member of the American Bar Association, Pennsylvania Bar Association and Montgomery County Bar Association. He formerly served as an officer and director of Glenside Savings and Loan. Mr. Simon was admitted to practice before the State and Federal Courts of Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Industries Represented: Manufacturing, Professional Distribution, Leasing, Real Estate, Finance, and Hospitality
Representative Matters: Represented numerous individuals and other business entities in the purchase, sale and leasing of commercial real estate.
Litigated a Will contest resulting in a settlement of almost $2 million.
Negotiated a highly favorable resolution of a federal criminal and civil tax fraud prosecution.
Represented a publicly traded company in connection with a closing on a $50 million dollar credit facility.
Represented a foreign corporation in successfully collecting a foreign judgment in excess of $450,000 from a Domestic business corporation.
Obtained an acquittal for an individual who was charged with attempted murder and other crimes against an ex-spouse.
Served as an Arbitrator and Mediator in Business and Family Law matters.
Areas of Practice
- Transactions Business and Real Estate
- Estate Planning and Administration
- Creditor’s Rights
- Criminal Defense
- Domestic Relations and Personal Injury
- 30% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 1974
- Supreme Court of New Jersey, 1975
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1974
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1975
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D. – 1974
- Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania
- B.S. – 1969
Honors and Awards
- Who’s Who in American Lawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, 1974 – 2017
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, 1974 – 2017
- Montgomery County Bar Association, 1975 – 2017
- Montgomery County Bench Bar Committee, Member
- Montgomery County General Practice Committee, Chairman
- Montgomery County Civil Rules Committee, Member
- Montgomery County Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee, Member
- Montgomery County Board of Directors, Member
- Phi Sigma Delta