Matthew W. Quigg
Location: Colmar, Pennsylvania
Email: E-mail Me
Matthew W. Quigg joined the law firm of Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford P.C. in September 2017, after working for another Montgomery County law firm for several years. Prior to that, he served the people of Montgomery County as an Assistant District Attorney for five years. Mr. Quigg now focuses his practice on criminal defense and personal injury.
Mr. Quigg is a seasoned trial attorney, having tried more than 50 cases to verdict before juries and judges. He honed his trial skills as an Assistant District Attorney, first on the sex crimes unit, then as the captain of the firearms unit. Over the course of his career, Mr. Quigg has defended clients in all matters, ranging in seriousness from murder to traffic offenses. In addition to his time in private practice and as an assistant district attorney, Mr. Quigg served as a Special Assistant United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Mr. Quigg graduated from Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, where he competed on the National Championship Trial Team. Upon graduation, Mr. Quigg received the Victor A. Jaczun Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy and numerous awards for outstanding oral advocacy.
From 2017-2020, Pennsylvania Super Lawyers selected Mr. Quigg as a “Rising Star” in Criminal Defense based upon a poll of his peers. In addition to the Super Lawyers honor, Mr. Quigg received numerous commendations for his work as an Assistant District Attorney.
Mr. Quigg serves on the Montgomery Township Board of Supervisors, an elected position overseeing operations within the township. He also is involved in coaching his daughter’s youth soccer team. Previously, Mr. Quigg served on the board of directors, vice-chair of the criminal defense committee, and co-chair of the rules of criminal court committee for the Montgomery Bar Association. He also served on the board of trustees for the Montgomery Bar Foundation, a charitable organization supporting legal-related causes in Montgomery County.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Pennsylvania, 2009
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of PA, 2015
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- J.D. – 2009
- Boston College
- B.A. (cum laude) – 2006
Honors and Awards
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Star 2017 to present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Montgomery Bar Association, Member
- Montgomery Bar Association, Director 2015 – 2017
- Montgomery Bar Foundation, Trustee 2015 – 2017
- La Salle College High School Alumni Association
- Boston College Alumni Association of Philadelphia
- Norristown 9/11 Heroes Run, Board Member 2013-2014
- Law Offices of Timothy Woodward, 2014 – 2017
- Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office, 2009 – 2014
- United States Attorney’s Office, Special Assistant United States Attorney, Feb. 2013 – Aug. 2014