Montgomery County Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys
Just after a Montgomery County car accident, drivers are often flustered, anxious, and overwhelmed. Not only are they perhaps coping with injuries, but they may also have to confront uncooperative perpetrators and tightfisted insurance companies. It’s crucial in these situations to keep a cool head and proceed tactically. A motor vehicle accident can leave you with a wide range of medical and financial hardships, including steep medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses. A strategic misstep could lead to a less-than-fair car accident claim.
Fortunately, there are car accident lawyers standing by who can help you obtain the compensation you deserve after a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence. At Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford, P.C., we’re prepared to take on insurance companies and fight to recover financial compensation so you can focus on your recovery.
Involved In A Motor Vehicle Accident And Have Questions? We Can Help, Tell Us What Happened.
Steps to Take after a Montgomery County Car Accident
Following the events of a car accident, the overwhelming and tumultuous nature of the incident often leaves drivers in a state of confusion. Even common sense goes out the window when this is the case, leaving victims in a difficult spot. After a car accident, the steps you take play a significant role in eventually recovering compensation, so it’s imperative that drivers understand the next steps that make the most sense. Here are a few to keep in mind:
- Check yourself for injuries: Check yourself and any passengers in your vehicle for visible injuries. If you’re injured, try not to move until help can get to you.
- Get to safety: If you’re able, move to the side of the road. Otherwise, leave your vehicle where it is and get to safety.
- Call 911: After moving your car to safety, call the police and tell them you were in an accident and any injuries you or others face. Upon arrival, the police will take an accident report, which will detail what happened, document all involved parties, and provide information that an attorney’s office will need.
- Remain calm: Keeping a cool head will make it easier to deal with the accident and its aftermath.
- Exchange information with the other driver: While you wait for the police to evaluate the car wreck, gather the information you need for your claim. For instance, you’ll need the other driver’s name, phone number, address, driver’s license number, license plate number, and insurance information.
- Take pictures of the scene and gather witnesses: It may be a smart idea to take photos of the scene, including your car and the other car, license plates, the street view, and any signage. This can be especially helpful if you know you weren’t at fault and want evidence to prove it. Likewise, try to find anyone who may have seen the events of the crash and collect their contact information.
Perhaps most importantly, it’s crucial that you get in touch with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible after the accident. You can talk with an attorney about the events of the wreck, your medical treatment, and strategies for recovering compensation.
Get Advice From An Experienced Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney. All You Have To Do Is Call 215-822-7575 To Receive Your Free Case Evaluation.
Mistakes to Avoid that Can Devalue your Motor Vehicle Accident Claim
Even though crashes are so common in Pennsylvania, drivers often don’t have a sense of what to do—and more significantly, what not to do—in the accident’s aftermath. Here are a few tips and tricks that may help you get the total and fair compensation you deserve.
- Admitting fault after a car accident: Perhaps the worst mistake a driver could make in the moments after a car accident is admitting fault. It’s a jury’s job to establish who’s liable, not yours. Even saying “I’m sorry” can be interpreted as admitting fault.
- Leaving the scene: While it may seem obvious, it’s never in your best interest to flee the scene without exchanging contact information with the other driver.
- Not calling the police: No matter how remorseful the other driver may appear to be or how minor the accident may seem, it’s always important to call the police. In a personal injury claim, if there’s ever a dispute with the other driver regarding who’s at fault, the authorized record substantiating the actual events of the crash is crucial.
- Not seeking immediate medical treatment: Even if you don’t think you suffered any serious injuries, it’s essential to go to the hospital and seek medical treatment. A doctor will not only be able to see if you have any delayed symptoms, but they will authoritatively document your visit. Avoiding the hospital may look to an insurance company like your injuries were minimal or non-existent.
- Not documenting anything after the crash: Personal injury claims can take a long time to resolve. Because your memory tends to fade, it’s pivotal to physically record anything that may be important when it’s time to seek compensation.
Finally, many drivers fail to secure the help of an experienced car accident attorney. If you’ve been in a car accident and are worried that you’ve made a mistake that may devalue your car accident claim, contact the experienced lawyers at Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Montgomery County
Car accidents are still prevalent in Pennsylvania despite improvements in vehicle technology such as backup cameras, adaptive headlights, and forward-collision systems. But what causes these collisions? Data scientists at the CDC, the NHTSA, state-level motor departments of transportation, and other government entities have spent time piecing together traffic accident information to determine its causes. Here are a few of the most common in Montgomery County:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Reckless driving
- Running red lights
- Night driving
- Design defects
- Wrong-way driving
- Teenage drivers
- Tire blowouts
- Animal crossings
- Constructions sites
No matter what caused your accident, our experienced legal team has the expertise, time, and tenacity needed to ensure justice is served and that you and your family members get on the road to recovery, both physically and financially.
- Current and future medical bills
- Current and future medical treatments
- Current and future lost wages
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Common Injuries after a Montgomery County Motor Vehicle Accident
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), more than three million people are injured each year in vehicle accidents across the country. Whether you live in Pennsylvania or you’re here to visit, an unforeseen accident can cause distressing injuries that impact you for weeks and years to come. Some of the most common car accident injuries include the following:
- Whiplash: When you’re in a car accident, your body often moves suddenly. This trauma can strain muscles and other soft tissues without breaking bones. Whiplash can be very uncomfortable, and it often takes a long time to heal.
- Back injuries: The human body and spine aren’t designed to sustain heavy impact, and back injuries are a typical result of car accidents.
- Burns: If a vehicle catches fire after a crash or skin comes into contact with hot fluids, surfaces, steam, or chemicals, the occupants can suffer burns.
- Internal injuries: Your organs are delicate, and the forces of a car accident can damage them and cause them to bleed. These severe injuries are very common in high-speed collisions.
- Fractures and broken bones: A car accident puts unnatural amounts of force on your body, which can cause broken arms, legs, ribs, hips, and even shoulders.
- Head injuries: Head injuries can take many forms, some relatively minor and others quite severe. A car’s unexpected stop or change in direction often causes the heads of the car occupants to experience sudden and unnatural movements, which can cause muscle strains, concussions, scrapes, and deep lacerations.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: Anytime our bodies undergo a situation of extreme stress—such as a car accident—there’s the potential to develop emotional and mental conditions such as PTSD.
Working with an experienced personal injury lawyer can help you recover the costs associated with accident-related injuries and help you collect the financial resources you need to get back on your feet.
What Compensation Is Available in A Motor Vehicle Accident Claim?
If you or a family member is injured in a motor vehicle accident of any kind—including car accidents, motorcycle accidents, trucking accidents, or boating accidents—you may be eligible to recover damages from the negligent party or their insurance provider. These damages may include:
- Current and future medical bills
- Current and future medical treatments
- Current and future lost wages
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
These damages may be recoverable from your insurance provider, as well as from the negligent party’s insurance provider. You may have available coverage under your primary policy or advantages under your underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage. Our team of motor vehicle accident attorneys identifies all accessible insurance coverage and can help you make the proper claims against the relevant parties.
Motor Vehicle Accident
Drunk Driving Accident
When Should I Hire a Lawyer Following a Car Accident?
Knowing when to hire a car accident lawyer depends on a few factors. While some car accidents are straightforward and can be handled without an attorney, most require a legal professional’s assistance. It may be in your best interests to err on the side of caution after any car accident, especially if you’re facing injuries due to the negligence of another driver.
A seasoned car accident attorney can help secure compensation for the injuries and damages you’ve endured. Call the experts at Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford P.C. as soon as possible following the events of the crash to have the best chance at recovering compensation.
How to Determine Liability after a Montgomery County Car Accident
Every driver has a legal obligation to look out for the safety of other drivers and pedestrians. If a driver fails to follow through with this legal obligation, negligence may be the result, and the at-fault party may be held liable for damages and injuries that stemmed from their negligent actions. As a general rule of thumb, if one person involved in an accident was less careful than another, the less cautious individual will be liable for at least a portion of the damages.
Fortunately, an experienced car accident attorney may be able to prove negligence in your case by collecting enough evidence to cast a reasonable level of fault on the other driver.
Why Choose the Montgomery County Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers at Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford?
At Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford P.C., we have extensive experience helping victims of car, truck, and other motor vehicle accidents. We’ve been serving clients since 1952, and our seasoned litigators are experienced in all aspects of handling auto accident claims, including establishing liability, assessing the damages, and helping you access all sources of financial compensation.
Our team of knowledgeable legal professionals provides personal client service by listening carefully to our client’s needs and respectfully communicating with them throughout the entire legal process. We offer aggressive and thoughtful advocacy to protect our clients’ best interests throughout Montgomery County and the surrounding areas, and we handle a wide range of motor vehicle accidents for our Pennsylvania clients, including:
- Car accidents: If you’ve been hurt in a Montgomery County car accident, our attorneys can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcyclists often suffer severe injuries after a crash. We can help you get the financial support you need.
- Trucking accidents: Were you injured by a negligent truck driver? Get help from our personal injury attorneys.
- Dram shop liability: If you were injured by a person who was over-served at a bar or restaurant, you might be able to claim compensation.
- Boating accidents: Many boaters drink alcohol while on the water, which is a situation that can lead to serious accidents.
- Pedestrian accidents: Collisions between pedestrians and vehicles are severe and often require significant medical treatment.
- Bicycle accidents: Drivers have a responsibility to stay clear of bikers and bicyclists.
- Drunk driving accidents: Driving while intoxicated shows a disregard for the safety of all other motorists and pedestrians. If you’ve been hit by a drunk driver, call our office.
Contact us today online or by telephone at 215-822-7575 or toll-free at 800-358-9367 to speak with an experienced Montgomery County car accident attorney.
Understanding How to Handle Insurance Companies after a Motor Vehicle Accident
If a negligent driver injures you in an accident, their insurance provider will likely try to talk to you. Despite what most insurance companies advertise, they’re not on your side, and they likely want to limit your financial recovery. They may try to get you to say things that harm your case and try to get you to settle for far less than your case is worth. With this in mind, it’s imperative to speak with an experienced Montgomery County motor vehicle accident attorney before accepting any such offer from an insurance company.
Because Pennsylvania is a no-fault state, it’s often challenging to obtain coverage from the other driver’s insurance company. Fortunately, our motor vehicle accident lawyers are adept at negotiating with insurance providers throughout the Commonwealth. We’ve resolved countless cases involving auto accidents and are dedicated to achieving the very best possible recovery for each of our clients. We’re on your side and are dedicated to helping you fight for every penny owed to you.
Why It’s Important to Have One-On-One Legal Guidance During Your Motor Vehicle Accident Case
After an accident, it’s common for victims to have questions about the legal process ahead. Now that you know not to speak with an insurance adjuster first, you can rest assured that our team of experienced motor vehicle accident attorneys will help you understand your rights during an initial consultation. Your first step after an accident in Southeast Pennsylvania is to get medical treatment as soon as possible. Next, get in touch with a skilled motor vehicle accident attorney from Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford, P.C.
We’re here to help. When you work with our law office, we’ll help determine whether you have a legitimate case and understand the types of damages to which you may be entitled. We can also answer any questions you may have about filing police reports and the process ahead.
Schedule Your Free Initial Consultation with An Experienced Montgomery County Car Accident Attorney Today
If you’ve been injured by the careless or negligent actions of another motorist, it’s crucial that you speak with a knowledgeable Pennsylvania lawyer as soon as possible. Fortunately, the Montgomery County auto accident lawyers at Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford, P.C. are standing by to help. Our knowledgeable team of experienced lawyers is dedicated to helping you recover the compensation you deserve after your accident, and our client-centered approach helps you feel comfortable and assured throughout the legal process.
For more than 65 years, the attorneys at Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford have been serving clients’ legal needs in Montgomery County, Bucks County, Lehigh County, Chester County, Delaware County, and throughout the surrounding areas. We’re located right off Route 309, in Colmar, Hatfield Township, offer free and convenient parking, and can meet with you in your home or hospital if you can’t travel. Give us a call at (215) 822-7575 or complete our online contact form today.
Frequently Asked Questions About Motor Vehicle Accidents
When should I hire a lawyer for a car accident?
Knowing when to hire a car accident lawyer depends on several factors. While some car accidents are straightforward and can be handled without an attorney, most require a legal professional’s assistance. It may be in your best interests to err on the side of caution after any car accident, especially if you’re facing injuries due to the negligence of another driver. A seasoned car accident attorney can help secure compensation for the injuries and damages you’ve endured. Call the experts at Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford P.C. as soon as possible following the events of the crash in order to have the best chance at recovering compensation.
What to do after a car accident?
In the aftermath of a car accident, drivers tend to feel flustered, anxious, and overwhelmed. Not only are they potentially coping with minor-to-severe injuries, but they may also have to deal with uncooperative perpetrators and stingy insurance companies. It’s essential in these situations to keep a cool head and proceed tactically. A strategic misstep could lead to a less-than-fair car accident claim. The main steps to keep in mind after an accident are the following: check yourself for injuries, get to safety, call 911, wait for help, exchange information with the other parties, document the accident, and notify your insurer to start the claims process. Likewise, it’ll be in your best interest to call a lawyer as soon as possible for help protecting your rights.
Who is liable for your injuries?
Each driver has a legal obligation to look out for the safety of other drivers and pedestrians. When a driver doesn’t follow through with this legal obligation, negligence may have taken place, and the at-fault party may be held liable for damages and injuries that stemmed from their negligent actions. As a general rule of thumb, if one person involved in an accident was less careful than another, the less cautious individual must pay for at least a portion of the damages. An experienced car accident attorney may be able to prove negligence in your case by collecting enough evidence to cast a reasonable level of fault on the other driver.
Why choose Montgomery County Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers?
At Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford P.C., we have extensive experience helping victims of car, truck, and other motor vehicle accidents. We provide personal client service by listening carefully to each of our clients’ needs and respectfully communicating with them throughout the entire legal process. We offer aggressive and thoughtful advocacy to protect our clients’ best interests throughout Montgomery County and the surrounding areas.