How to Get a Copy of Your Police Report After Your Car Accident in Pennsylvania

If you have been in a car accident in Pennsylvania, you may not know how to feel or move forward. You may also have a few questions about your specific case. How do you get a copy of your police report? And how can a car accident lawyer help, especially if you want to take legal action?

At Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford, P.C., we have been practicing law for over 65 years and have assisted numerous clients with their complicated car accident-related cases. If you would like to learn more about how to get a copy of your police report, as well as other details related to your case, please continue reading.

How to Get a Police Report for Your Car Accident in Pennsylvania

If you want to get a copy of the police report made for your car accident, you may be able to do so by purchasing one online at the Pennsylvania online crash report request site. If you prefer, you may also be able to mail your request by filling out a request form. After you complete the physical form, mail it to the following address:

Attention: Crash Reports Unit
1800 Elmerton Avenue
Harrisburg, PA 17110

You may need to wait at least 15 days after the crash date in order to submit the application. Depending on where you are in Pennsylvania, the fee to receive the crash report may be between $22 and $25. If you need additional assistance, a car accident lawyer may be able to help you collect other relevant evidence.

How Can a Pennsylvania Car Accident Lawyer Help?

If you have been in a car accident, you may want to hire a qualified personal injury lawyer to get the necessary help. Your lawyer may be able to assist you in the following ways:

  • Legal knowledge
  • Negotiation tactics
  • Handle insurance companies and other legal representatives
  • Maximize your compensation
  • Lower your fault
  • Collect and analyze evidence
  • Lead or join investigations
  • Refer you to medical and other professionals
  • Provide helpful resources

If you are planning on taking legal action, we strongly recommend you avoid representing yourself. A lawyer is far more likely to accurately and favorably represent your case, as well as have the necessary knowledge and tools to avoid mistakes and reduce stress. For these reasons and many others, please refrain from representing yourself and hire a qualified personal injury and car accident lawyer instead.

Get the Compensation You Deserve With Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford, P.C. Pennsylvania Car Accident Lawyers

If you want help and legal representation for your car accident case, our team at Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford, P.C. may be able to help. We have been practicing law for over 65 years, and we have an award-winning criminal defense and personal injury law practice in Pennsylvania. 

Do you think we would be a good fit to represent you? We would love to get in touch with you and discuss the details of your case once you have scheduled a free consultation. You can contact us by calling (215) 822-7575 or completing our contact form at your leisure. We are patiently waiting to hear from you.