Montgomery County Uber & Lyft Accident Attorneys
Rideshare options like Lyft and Uber have revolutionized transportation. According to Uber’s statistics, over 10 billion trips have been completed worldwide, and 14 million trips are completed each day. With millions of people using rideshare options daily, there are more cars on the road. The increase in drivers on the road at specific hours can mean more people are likely to experience an accident. If you suffer severe injuries in a rideshare accident because of someone else’s negligence, you have the ability to seek compensation for your injuries from the person responsible.
Our team of experienced Uber and Lyft accident lawyers at Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford have over 65 years of experience working with those harmed in severe accidents and have built a strong community of hardworking people ready to assist you with your claim. We understand how confusing and stressful an accident is, especially when you’re a passenger of an unfamiliar vehicle. There are many factors that play in a rideshare accident, and we want to make sure that you have confident and prepared lawyers to represent your claim.
Involved In A Rideshare Accident And Have Questions? We Can Help, Tell Us What Happened.
Who Is Liable for a Rideshare Accident?
Even in a regular car accident, there may be more than one person liable. For rideshare accidents, those liable can be the rideshare driver, the other party, or the rideshare service itself. If the other driver caused the accident, you could hold them responsible for the harm they inflicted. However, if your rideshare driver is the one that caused the accident, you might be able to hold both the driver and the service accountable.
If your rideshare driver was reckless while transporting you, you can hold both the individual and the service responsible. When someone is unreliable and dangerous while driving and puts you and others in harm’s way, they need to be held accountable.
What Causes an Uber or Lyft Accident?
An accident happens without a moment’s notice. Suddenly you’re put in a position that could affect your health and well-being. While accidents happen all the time, there are a few main causes for negligence while operating a motor vehicle. Some of the more common causes for rideshare accidents are:
- Distracted driving: Texting while driving, fiddling with the radio, or reaching to help a passenger are all types of distracted driving that can cause severe harm to others. These may seem like minor actions, but they can result in life-threatening damages and even death.
- Drugs and Alcohol: When a person is intoxicated, they’re unable to make clear and safe judgements on the road. Not only are their senses disoriented, but they’re also unable to react properly to outside forces like rain or construction.
- Speeding: Sometimes, we might find ourselves going a bit over the speed limit without knowing what we’re doing. These things happen, but if you’re speeding and cause an accident, you may cause debilitating harm.
- Ignoring traffic laws: If a person or your driver runs a red light or fails to stop at an intersection, their failure to obey the rules while driving puts your life and others in danger.
- Driving while drowsy: Some may not consider the dangers of driving while extremely tired, but if a person falls asleep at the wheel, they could crash at high speeds into other people or objects.
There’s no excuse for participating in careless actions that may inflict dangers on you. Whether they were texting or tired, disregarding your safety is never okay. Our team of motivated lawyers can help with your claim by offering dependable legal advice and analyzing any potential legal issues.
Most Common Injuries in a Rideshare Accident
During a rideshare accident, your body is put through bends and jolts that can inflict severe injuries. Even if you’re wearing a seat belt and following all the rules, others can disregard your safety by carelessly driving in a reckless manner. The most common injuries you can suffer from are:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Broken bones
- Spinal injuries
- Scrapes and bruises
- Burn injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Internal damage
The medical fees, lost income, and other financial losses you incur due to the accident can and should be covered by the responsible party. At Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford, we pride ourselves on providing compassion and knowledge to all our clients. We understand that this is a stressful time, but we can relieve some of the weight off your shoulders.
What Compensation Can I Recover after an Uber or Lyft Accident?
While we do our best to avoid dangerous situations, there are moments where accidents are out of our control. When we use rideshare services, the driver is responsible for our care. If they act reckless on the road and cause an accident, you may be able to hold them accountable. Some of the damages you’re able to recover are:
- Pain and suffering
- Hospital bills and treatments
- Cost of physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Prescription medication
- Lost wages or income
- Loss of irreplaceable items
- Physical disfigurement and impairment
- Wrongful death damages
An accident can cause financial issues for both you and your family. If you are someone who is responsible for some or all of your household income, the loss of wages can greatly affect your ability to provide for your family. Whether you’re a parent or a recent graduate, the financial and physical burdens that come with an accident can feel overwhelming. If you find yourself in a situation like this, seek help from an experienced Montgomery County rideshare accident attorney.
Should I Contact a Montgomery County Rideshare Accident Attorney?
After a rideshare accident, you may feel overwhelmed by the tasks ahead of you. From receiving medical assistance to filing a police report, every step you take after the accident can help you recover from the harm inflicted upon you. The legal process of filing a rideshare accident claim is filled with unfamiliar terminology and complex proceedings. It is essential to have an experienced attorney by your side to help you with collecting the required documentation and advocating for your rights.
There are many ways an Uber or Lyft accident attorney can assist with your claim, including:
- Answering questions related to the settlement
- Conducting a fair and just investigation
- Establishing the other individual’s negligence and liability
- Helping guide you through the medical process
- Discussing claims with insurance companies
- Negotiating settlement offers
- Reviewing legal documents
- Analyzing potential legal issues
Having a motivated rideshare accident attorney by your side throughout the process of your claim can help secure your defense. Without experienced lawyers to advocate for your rights, you may not have the opportunity to express the cost of your pain and suffering to its full extent. To make sure that your case is treated fairly, a rideshare accident lawyer can monitor and fight for your intentions.
Get in Touch With Experienced Rideshare Accident Attorneys in Montgomery County Today
Whether you are spending a night out with friends or taking an Uber to work, using a rideshare transportation option should be safe. If you’re put in danger by either the driver, the service, or another party, you should contact Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford for an experienced car accident attorney. Our team is motivated by helping clients receive the best possible outcome for their case.
With over 65 years of experience, our lawyers are passionate about helping clients receive justice for the pain and suffering they have endured. We have earned the trust and respect of those in the community, as well as from clients we have worked with in the past. With our positive past results and favorable testimonials from old clients, we pride ourselves on dependability and honesty.