Steps to Take If Injured on the Job in Pennsylvania

If you have suffered an on-the-job injury, you probably have questions about what to do next: “When do I collect workers’ compensation? Will I need a lawyer? When should I file a claim?”

At Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford P.C., our attorneys provide experienced guidance to injured workers across southeastern Pennsylvania. When you schedule a consultation, one of our lawyers will meet with you one-on-one to answer your questions and help you take the steps necessary to maximize your recovery.

What Should I Do If I Am Injured on the Job in Montgomery County or Bucks County, PA?

There are a number of steps to take after an on-the-job injury:

  • Report the injury immediately: After you have been injured, notify a supervisor at once. All too often, people who are injured at work conceal or ignore the injury, sometimes waiting until the pain and discomfort are unbearable before making the injury known. This is especially true in cases involving cumulative stress injuries, such as carpal tunnel. It is important that you notify a supervisor as soon as you become aware of the injury. Delays could cause serious complications down the road.
  • Visit the doctor: Have the injury examined by a medical professional. Try to see a doctor as quickly as possible; if you wait, the insurance company could try to downplay the seriousness of your injury in an attempt to deny your claim.
  • File a workers’ compensation claim form: Your employer will provide a workers’ compensation claim form for you to fill out. Complete the form carefully and honestly.
  • Contact a workers’ compensation attorney: A workers’ compensation attorney can help you preserve and gather evidence and present your case to the insurance company. An attorney’s assistance is particularly valuable in cases involving claim denials.

Schedule a Consultation with Experienced Lansdale Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Today

To schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys, contact us online or call 215-822-7575. Our firm does not charge any fees unless we recover compensation on your behalf.