The CDC has reported that about 1.5 million Americans suffer from brain injuries each year. A person may suffer a brain injury for many different reasons, but one of the most common causes of brain injuries is negligence. When another person’s negligence results in a brain injury, the victim and their loved ones likely will pursue financial compensation in the form of a settlement. To get help pursuing financial compensation for your brain injury, you may want to contact an experienced brain injury lawyer.
Recovering from a brain injury can be costly; therefore, it is important that you know what expenses are involved in a brain injury settlement to ensure fair compensation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Brain Injuries?
Brain injuries are highly damaging and can result in life-changing and long-lasting symptoms. Some of the most common causes of brain injuries include:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Being struck by an object
- Being struck against an object
- Slip and fall accidents
- Sports-related accidents
If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident that resulted in a brain injury, you may be entitled to receive financial compensation for all the expenses related to your injury, recovery, and other related losses.
What Expenses Should Be Included in a Brain Injury Settlement?
Brain injuries are considered to be a type of catastrophic injury. Because brain injuries can be so damaging, the road to recovery for victims is often long and costly. When building a brain injury claim with your trusted lawyer, the following expenses should be included:
- Medical Expenses: This may include surgical costs, ongoing treatment, physical therapy, medications, home health care costs, and medical devices or supports.
- Home Improvements: If the victim is unable to walk or has limited movement, changes might be made to the home to accommodate their condition and any future home medical care.
- Lost Wages: Victims of brain injuries should be compensated for all past, present, and future lost wages.
- Pain and Suffering: A brain injury may significantly reduce a person’s quality of life. The victim should be financially compensated for the pain and suffering they have endured due to their injury.
If you are unsure of what expenses should be included in your settlement, a knowledgeable brain injury lawyer may be able to help you.
Contact a Southeastern Pennsylvania Brain Injury Lawyer at Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg, & Gifford, P.C.
Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg, and Gifford, P.C. is a brain injury law firm with extensive experience helping clients in Southeastern Pennsylvania pursue compensation for their injuries and losses.
Suffering from a brain injury can alter a victim’s way of life and leave them with a long road to recovery. If you or a loved one have suffered a brain injury caused by someone else’s negligence, contact a brain injury lawyer for help with your settlement.
Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg, and Gifford, P.C. has a team of skilled brain injury lawyers with over 65 years of experience helping clients in Southeastern Pennsylvania. We offer our clients the dedicated representation they deserve. Our award-winning brain injury legal team is proud to provide our clients with personalized service and legal counsel as we help them through a difficult time. Set up a free consultation today by filling out our contact form or calling (215) 822-7575.