Bensalem Car Accidents
Our Car Accident Lawyers Put 65-Plus Years of Experience to Work for Accident Victims
A car accident can be a terrifying experience, even if no one is injured in the crash—a serious car accident can have traumatic emotional and physical consequences that can, in the most severe cases, impact you for the rest of your life. Although financial compensation is often far from a car accident victim’s mind, obtaining full and fair compensation for your injuries and other economic damages can be crucial to a complete recovery.
Involved In A Car Accident And Have Questions? We Can Help, Tell Us What Happened.
At Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford, we have successfully represented thousands of car accident victims in Bensalem and throughout Pennsylvania. Our years of experience have taught us how critical it is that we get to know our clients personally so that we can understand how a car accident may have impacted each of their lives. When you retain our legal services, you can be confident in knowing that we will be by your side throughout the entire recovery process so that you can put your car accident behind you as quickly as possible.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents are common enough in Bensalem and the surrounding area that they can be caused by any number of factors. Despite this, certain driver behaviors and conditions can increase the likelihood that a car accident will occur. Some of the more common causes of car accidents include:
Get Advice From An Experienced Bensalem, PA Car Accident Attorney. All You Have To Do Is Call 215-822-7575 To Receive Your Free Case Evaluation.
- Alcohol and drugs. Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is both illegal and dangerous and frequently contributes to car accidents.
- Distracted driving. Technology and a myriad of other distractions often cause car accidents. When a driver takes their hands off the wheel, takes their eyes off the road, or simply fails to pay attention to surrounding conditions, that driver is more likely to cause a car accident.
- Cell phones. Cell phone use while driving is a type of distracted driving. Pennsylvania has a no-texting law that prohibits a driver from texting while driving, but cell phones can enable many other forms of distraction beyond just texting.
- Speeding. When a driver is speeding, they may not have the time that is necessary to stop the car to avoid an accident. Problems with speeding include more than merely driving over the speed limit—many accidents occur because one driver is driving too quickly for the current road conditions.
- Driver error. Some car accidents are caused by simple mistakes made by a driver—not seeing a stop sign, failing to yield or turning the wrong way down a one-way road can easily cause a car accident.
- Road conditions. Dangerous or poorly marked construction zones, turns, and intersections, as well as weather conditions, can cause a serious car accident.
Common Injuries Resulting from Car Accidents in Bensalem
Some car accident victims in Bensalem are lucky enough to escape serious injuries. However, others sustain catastrophic injuries that require a long hospital stay, surgery, and rehabilitation, and, as a result, leave people unable to work. The following types of injuries are commonly sustained by victims of car accidents:
- Deep cuts
- Burns and bruises
- Broken bones and torn ligaments
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Internal injuries
It is not uncommon for injuries not to manifest until weeks after an accident. Your injury symptoms may not show up right away, but if left untreated, they may result in permanent impairment, disability, or even death. That’s why obtaining an accurate medical diagnosis and treatment is essential—not only for your health but also for the success of your car accident claim. Don’t accept your first settlement offer. Seek the full story before you act.
Damages Bensalem Car Accident Victims May Recover
Often, it is difficult to establish fault or negligence following a car accident, as every accident has its own set of unique circumstances. What’s more, apart from injuries, you may have to face a lengthy recovery period and have a number of responsibilities that require your attention.
Our team at Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford understands the stress uncertainty can cause, and we have full confidence in our ability to handle your legal affairs and insurance grievances. Our car accident lawyers have the experience needed to pursue an array of injury-related losses. These include but are not limited to:
- All medical bills related to the accident
- Rehabilitation and therapy expenses
- Reduced earning capacity and lost wages
- Pain and suffering, both physical and emotional
- Financial support lost to the dependents of the deceased in a collision involving a death
- Cost of funeral services, if applicable
In some cases, punitive damages are available. Pennsylvania law only provides for punitive damages if the plaintiff proves that the defendant was intentionally negligent or malicious.
Experienced Lawyers at Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford Offer Comprehensive Legal Services
At Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford, our car accident lawyers do more than merely advocate for our Bensalem clients in the courtroom. We investigate every available piece of evidence in your case to make sure we explore every avenue for recovering compensation. After determining whose insurance company is responsible for paying damages, we negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf so that you can focus on recovering.
Because our right to payment for legal services is tied to your recovery, you can rest assured that we will leave no stone unturned in our fight to win the highest compensation award possible in your case.
Schedule a No-Cost Initial Consultation with an Experienced Lawyer
The cost of injuries sustained in a car accident can easily exceed what your car insurance will cover. To schedule a free initial consultation with our Bensalem car accident attorneys, please call (215) 822-7575. You can also fill out our confidential, online contact form.
For your convenience, we have two offices that are located at 2605 N. Broad Street, Colmar, PA 18915 and 12 Penns Trail, Suite 145, Newtown, PA 18940. We provide free and convenient parking for all of our clients.
Frequently Asked Questions About Car Accidents
The source of your compensation will depend upon the severity of your injuries. In some cases, insurance coverage will be sufficient so that a lawyer’s role would only involve negotiating to get you the maximum possible compensation for your out-of-pocket medical expenses and economic damages. However, insurance companies may not pay for pain and suffering, and most policies contain a liability cap. In more severe cases, a lawsuit may be necessary to recover additional compensation from the responsible parties. Our lawyers will evaluate your case, and investigate to determine who may be held liable in your particular case.
No, and you should generally consult with a car accident attorney before giving a recorded statement. While you are required to cooperate with your own insurance company, you are not required to provide detailed information to the at-fault driver’s insurance company. In general, it is best to speak with an attorney before providing any statements to either insurance company.