DUI Defense Attorneys in Bucks County, Pennsylvania
There are not many crimes in Bucks County that can be committed without intention, but driving under the influence (DUI) is one of them. Drunk driving is often an accidental crime, which makes it one of the most common ways people find themselves in the criminal justice system for the first time. Unfortunately, even a first-time DUI in Bucks County can permanently damage an otherwise clean criminal record.
With over 65 years in the field, Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford, P.C. DUI attorneys have a firm grasp of DUI court procedures in Bucks County and throughout Pennsylvania. Depending on the unique circumstances surrounding your drunk driving case, our DUI lawyers may be able to mitigate your penalties or file a pretrial motion that could have your charges dismissed entirely.
What You Need to Know About DUI Laws in Bucks County, Pennsylvania
In Pennsylvania, if you are caught driving with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.08% or above, you will be arrested for DUI. First-time offenders in Bucks County can expect the following penalties, which are dependent on the driver’s BAC level:
- 0.08%-0.099% BAC: six months of probation and a $300 fine
- 0.10%-0.159% BAC: up to six months in prison, a $500-$5,000 fine, and a loss of driving privileges
- 0.16% or over BAC: up to six months in prison, a $1,000-$5,000 fine, and a 12-month driver’s license suspension
Other penalties could include:
- Vehicle impoundment
- Enrollment in DUI school
- Hefty insurance premiums
- Installation of an ignition interlock device (IID)
- Lifelong status as a convicted felon
- Community service
- Court costs
Second and subsequent DUI offenses in Bucks County will see even worse penalties that vary depending on the driver’s BAC. With such severe consequences, it is imperative that you seek the advice of a knowledgeable DUI defense attorney. Choosing to handle your DUI case without the help of a lawyer could mean missing deadlines or incorrectly filing documents. Although these seem frivolous, such errors can come with severe penalties.
Do not risk facing strict DUI punishments without enlisting the help of a knowledgeable DUI lawyer. At Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford, P.C., our criminal defense team includes former prosecutors who will bring the skills they used on their side to establish an effective plan to defend your case.
Types of Skilled Witnesses That Could Help Your Attorney Defend a DUI in Bucks County
Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford, P.C. DUI lawyers know that some defense strategies can benefit from the advice or testimony of a skilled witness. Types of expert witnesses that have been used to defend DUI charges include:
- Engineers familiar with BAC testing devices: BAC testing device specialists may be able to identify any potential issues with the device itself that could lead to inaccurate results.
- Toxicologists: These experts understand how the body processes alcohol and may be able to refute the BAC reading at the time of your arrest.
- Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (SFST) experts: An SFST specialist may be able to call into question whether law enforcement adequately executed SFST testing and if they had probable cause.
Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford, P.C. DUI defense attorneys work diligently to poke holes in the prosecution’s case against you. If we can successfully cast enough doubt about your BAC test results, your DUI charge could end up being dismissed entirely.
Work with a Committed Criminal Defense Team for a DUI in Bucks County, Pennsylvania
The price of making a mistake in a Pennsylvania DUI case is too much to risk. At Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford, P.C., our top priority is always to protect our clients’ rights and minimize any potential penalties they may be facing for driving under the influence in Pennsylvania.
If you have been arrested for a DUI in Bucks County, your first step should be to schedule a consultation with an experienced, reputable defense attorney who will advocate for you. Our skilled team of DUI lawyers includes former prosecutors turned criminal defense attorneys. We have provided Bucks County clients with the aggressive legal representation they need for over 65 years, and we will fight to protect your rights. Schedule a free consultation to discuss your case by calling (215) 822-7575 or filling out our contact form.