Chalfont Alimony and Spousal Support Lawyers

Dedicated Family Attorneys Help People Receive Alimony and Spousal Support They Deserve

When you and your spouse decide to seek a divorce, it is understandably an emotionally charged time. However, ending a marriage also involves resolving financial issues between you and your spouse, including the issue of alimony and spousal support. Alimony and spousal support are payments made by one spouse to the other after the couple separates, during the divorce proceedings, or after the couple’s divorce is finalized. The purpose behind alimony and spousal support is to ensure, when one spouse has a greater earning capacity than the other spouse, that both spouses can enjoy a roughly similar standard of living following their separation or divorce. 

Going Through The Alimony And Spousal Support Process And Have Questions? We Can Help, Tell Us What Happened.

Determining whether one spouse should pay alimony or spousal support and calculating the amount of support to be paid requires examining both specific financial facts and figures along with the subjective circumstances of your family. If you and your spouse are separating or divorcing, you may either be entitled to receive alimony or may be ordered to pay alimony. You need experienced, legal representation to advocate for you and protect your rights to ensure that you receive a fair alimony or spousal support arrangement. Let the Chalfont alimony attorneys at Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford help you through the alimony and spousal support process.

Family Law Attorneys Provide Knowledgeable Legal Advice and Representation in Alimony Disputes

The family lawyers at Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford provide experienced representation to spouses addressing the issue of alimony or spousal support. Our Chalfont alimony and spousal support attorneys can provide guidance on the support options available under Pennsylvania law, including:

  • Spousal support, which are support payments made from one spouse to another after they have separated and no longer share expenses, but before they have filed for divorce
  • Alimony pendente lite, which is a form of alimony that can be ordered by the court to be paid from one spouse to another during the course of the divorce proceedings
  • Alimony, which is support paid following the finalization of a divorce; alimony can be permanent, intending to last until either spouse dies or the recipient spouse remarries or cohabitates with a partner, or can be temporary, intended to provide the recipient spouse with support for a period of time in which he or she can improve his or her financial situation

Get Advice From An Experienced Chalfont Alimony Lawyer. All You Have To Do Is Call 215-822-7575 To Receive Your Free Case Evaluation.

No matter where you are in the alimony process, our spousal support attorneys in Chalfont can provide you with experienced legal representation. We can help you if you are seeking to:

  • Establish an order or agreement for alimony or spousal support
  • Modify an existing alimony/spousal support order or arrangement
  • Enforce an existing alimony or support order
  • Terminate an existing alimony or support order

With Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg and Gifford, you will receive experienced legal counsel who has helped thousands of clients throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania with their alimony matters.

Why Choose Our Alimony Lawyer in Chalfont, PA to Help You Through Your Alimony Matter?

For over 65 years, Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford has helped spouses throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania navigate the complex and emotionally-difficult alimony process. Our Chalfont alimony attorneys consistently look to improve the representation and service we provide to our clients. Whether through continuing legal education in areas of family law or adopting the latest technology to help investigate your matter, our firm strives to best serve your needs now and in the future. 

Our partners, Jay Glickman, Marc Steinberg, Gregory Gifford and Amy Stern, have been named as Pennsylvania Super Lawyers by Philadelphia Magazine over the last 15 years, while others, Matthew Wilkov and John Filice, were named as Pennsylvania Rising Stars by the same publication. Our firm has been named a “Best Law Firm” by US News & World Report each year since 2010 and was named “Best Law Firm” by The Reporter’s Reader’s Choice, and has also received the highest AV rating from the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review. These accolades reflect our attorneys’ dedication to ensuring your interests and rights are vigorously defended.

Schedule a Free Consultation with Our Chalfont Alimony and Spousal Support Attorneys Today

The best way to ensure that you receive a fair alimony or spousal support arrangement is to have a knowledgeable family law attorney help you through the process. The experienced Chalfont alimony lawyers at Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford work tirelessly to provide you with the best representation possible whether you are in the midst of establishing alimony or spousal support or looking to enforce, modify, or terminate an existing arrangement. Contact our firm today to schedule a consultation to discuss your case with one of our dedicated alimony lawyers and to learn more about your legal rights and options.  There is no charge for the initial consultation. We can be reached at215-822-7575“> 215-822-7575.

Frequently Asked Questions about Alimony in Chalfont, PA

FAQ: What kinds of spousal support might I be entitled to in my divorce?

In Pennsylvania, the types of spousal support you may be entitled to depend on the status of your divorce. If you and your spouse are separated but have not yet filed for divorce, you both may agree that one spouse will make spousal support payments to the other while you are both separated from one another. Once you and your spouse have filed for divorce, either spouse can petition the court for an order of alimony pendente lite, which is temporary spousal support paid during the divorce proceedings. Once your divorce is finalized, the court may order alimony, either based upon the agreement of the parties or if the court finds that alimony is warranted. Alimony can be temporary or permanent, or may be terminated under certain conditions.

FAQ: How do I go about changing my alimony or spousal support arrangement?

If the conditions under which your alimony order was issued have changed, you may be entitled to petition the court to modify or terminate alimony or spousal support. A party receiving alimony may be able to increase payments if he or she has lost a job or if his or her living expenses have materially changed. A party paying alimony may be able to reduce or terminate his or her obligation if he or she has lost a job or had a significant reduction in earning capacity, if he or she has had a material change in financial circumstances (such as needing to care for a family member), or if the recipient of alimony has gotten remarried or is cohabitating with a non-family member.