Bristol Car Accident Lawyers
Seasoned Car Accident Lawyers Dedicated to Maximizing Compensation for Bristol Car Accident Victims
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation reports that 127,127 car accidents were reported in the state of Pennsylvania in 2015 alone, and that about 1,200 accident victims lost their lives in a crash. Although data actually shows that fewer people are dying in car accidents each year, car accidents themselves are on the rise in Bristol and the surrounding areas, fueled by the need to commute to the workplace and the availability of technology that can dangerously distract drivers as they commute from point A to point B.
At Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford, P.C., we understand the far-reaching consequences that injuries sustained in a car accident can generate. When you retain our team of car accident lawyers, you can rest assured that we will put in the work necessary to fully evaluate and analyze your case to make sure you obtain the compensation that you deserve. We don’t back down from insurance companies who may use scare tactics to convince you that their settlement offer is the only option, and will fight to obtain all of the evidence available to prove your right to compensation.
Car Accident Injuries Range From Minor to Catastrophic
The results of a car accident can vary dramatically, but a car accident does not need to be serious in order to cause serious injuries. In many cases, a car accident can exacerbate a preexisting condition or cause an injury that, on its face, may seem minor but in reality can cause long-term negative consequences. Some examples of common injuries that can result from a car accident include:
- Whiplash. Whiplash is one of the most common injuries sustained by car accident victims. Although whiplash may resolve quickly in some cases, in other cases it can cause pain and other symptoms that can make it difficult for you to work and can require rehabilitative care to fully recover.
- Spinal cord injuries. Not every spinal cord injury results in paralysis. In fact, many spinal cord injuries are actually injuries to the discs and areas around the spine, rather than to the vertebrae themselves. Although you may think these injuries are relatively minor compared to the extreme of paralysis, they can cause chronic pain and other symptoms that can last over an extended period of time.
- Head injuries. Many car accident victims complain of headaches after a car accident, and a headache that lasts for an extended period of time can be a sign that the crash caused a more serious brain injury.
Burns, lacerations and broken bones are also common after a Bristol car accident and can be serious in some cases. Regardless of the type of injury from which you are suffering, it is important to seek out medical care so that you can obtain a proper diagnosis to aid in your recovery. A physician’s report and recommendations can also be an important tool in estimating the total future cost of your recovery, and an experienced car accident lawyer can help you evaluate this information in order to develop a plan to negotiate a successful compensation package with the insurance companies.
Our Veteran Car Accident Lawyers Explore All Options for Recovering Compensation for Clients Injured in Bristol
Although the level of compensation available varies from case to case, our dedicated team of personal injury lawyers explore every avenue to make sure you receive full compensation after your Bristol car accident. We thoroughly research every case to account for every potential expense that you may encounter because of your injuries, including the cost of:
- Unreimbursed medical expenses,
- Vehicle repair,
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy,
- Medical devices, such as crutches and wheelchairs,
- In-home health care,
- Your inability to work following an accident,
- The possibility that your earning capacity may be diminished by your injuries,
- Emotional trauma, including the cost of psychological counseling,
- Pain and suffering,
- Expenses relating to the loss of a loved one in wrongful death cases.
Call Our Offices to Schedule a Free Initial Consultation to Discuss Your Bristol Car Accident Today
Call our skilled team of Bristol car accident lawyers to schedule a free consultation to discuss your accident and injuries or send us a confidential email. For your convenience, we have two offices that are located at 2605 N. Broad Street, Colmar, PA 18915 and 12 Penns Trail, Suite 145, Newtown, PA 18940. We offer free and convenient parking to all of our clients.
About Bristol, Pennsylvania
Bristol is located in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, about 23 miles north of Philadelphia and adjacent to Burlington, New Jersey, across the Delaware River. Bristol is one of the older boroughs in Pennsylvania, and, as recently as 2017, had only about 9,631 residents. Because of its proximity to the Delaware River, Bristol was originally used as a port and a dock when it was settled by the English in 1681. Historically, Bristol was a center for textiles mills, foundries, milling and manufacturing. Today, the Bristol Historic District preserves many of the historical aspects of the borough, including the shipyard and other historical buildings.
Frequently Asked Questions About Car Accidents
While all drivers are legally required to maintain a car insurance policy meeting certain minimum requirements under Pennsylvania law, the reality is that some people fail to do so. If the at-fault driver who caused your accident does not have insurance, speak to a car accident attorney about the possibility of recovering from your own insurance policy via an uninsured motorist claim.
Complications arise when trying to obtain compensation after a car accident—namely, the insurance company may not want to provide compensation sufficient to cover your expenses. A lawyer can help you negotiate a higher settlement with the insurance company, can pursue a claim for damages against the at-fault party’s insurance company and can even take your case to trial in egregious cases. In some cases, you may merely need help filling out insurance paperwork or getting approval for vehicle repairs in a convenient location—we can help with those aspects of a car accident case, as well.