If you’ve ever been involved in legal matters, you’ve probably heard the saying, “hiring an effective attorney will make all the difference in your case.” While that’s undoubtedly true, you might be left wondering, “What makes an attorney effective?” or, “How do I hire one?” Perhaps you’re unsure if you even need one in the first place.
Start with this: Were you recently hurt in an accident in Montgomery County through no fault of your own? Do you believe someone else’s negligence led to your injuries and losses?
If you answered yes, depending on the circumstances of your case, it may be in your best interest to consult a Montgomery County personal injury attorney. But with endless options, how do you find a lawyer who will be the best fit for your case? Here are some recommendations for how to hire an effective Montgomery County personal injury attorney.
Consider Word-of-Mouth Referrals
Word-of-mouth referrals and recommendations can make choosing a personal injury attorney much simpler. Whether they’re from friends, family, or colleagues, word-of-mouth direction from those you trust can lead you to the right representation.
When considering word-of-mouth referrals, it’s essential to get a good sense of your recommender’s firsthand experience with their attorney. Ask about the content of their character, their availability, and how they treat their clients. These considerations can help you make a strategic decision on whether this attorney can be of value to your case.
Determine Your List Criteria
Sometimes, exhausting your personal network doesn’t provide you with the solution you need. You may feel lost and hesitant about seeking guidance, and that’s okay. A little bit of research can boost your confidence, knowing that you have sufficient reasons to hire an attorney for your situation. However, you may quickly start to find yourself going back and forth between countless firms and attorneys. That’s where determining your list comes into play. The five most critical criteria when hiring a personal injury attorney are:
- Specialization: Find lawyers whose practice specifically handles cases like your own. For instance, if you were injured in a slip and fall accident, you’ll want to search for “Montgomery County slip and fall lawyers near me.” Working with an attorney specializing in the area of law you need will give you substantial leverage over your opposition.
- Location: Discover lawyers with offices close to you. The last thing you need is to have to travel far to meet with your attorney.
- Experience/Training: Look for lawyers with extensive experience, as well as significant education and training. Attorneys with an established history understand the law and how to handle cases like yours.
- Reputation: Locate lawyers with a tradition of excellence. Positive reputations are earned through accomplishments and traits. A lawyer with high esteem from past clients, peers, judges, and the community will prove invaluable to your personal injury case.
- Results: Identify case results, both in and out of the courtroom. It’s helpful to find an attorney who has considerable experience handling matters outside the courtroom. Still, you’ll want to look for ones that are ready to take your case to the next level if necessary.
Narrow Your Search
Once you’ve identified and established your list criteria, now is the time to narrow your search results to around three or four firms. Among the options you have left, compare the qualifications of each firm. Look over online reviews, results, and testimonials. Review online content to get a sense of the firms’ personality, and from there, choose one or two that best meet your needs.
Schedule a Meeting
Schedule consultations with your top options, whether over the phone, through webcam, or in person. On top of the information you’ve gathered from their website, prepare a list of questions to ask, such as:
- What is your purpose?
- What methods will you use to solve my case?
- How can you help me?
- Will you personally represent me?
- How are cases prioritized?
- What capabilities do you have that will benefit my case?
Never be afraid to ask questions. The questions you ask early on can prevent you from having to deal with unanticipated hardships later. If you’re going to hire an attorney to represent you, you deserve to ensure that they are the best of the best.
Let Your Intuition Guide You
As with any decision you make in your life, you have the choice to say yes or no. You—not your friend, family member, or coworker—know what’s right for you. Your attorney is someone you will be spending a great deal of time with, so you want to make sure you like, respect, and trust this person. If something feels off about an attorney, go with your gut. Let your intuition guide you until your heart and mind feel right.
Award-Winning Personal Injury Representation in Montgomery County, PA
After considering the above points, you may have found yourself leaning towards employing the acclaimed personal injury attorneys at Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford, P.C. We have 20 locations throughout Montgomery and Bucks County, and we’re focused on helping personal injury victims. We have 270 cumulative years of litigation experience and hold both individual and collective honors that contribute to form our stellar reputation. Lastly, we have the results and reviews to prove it.
Here at Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford, P.C., we sincerely believe respect, communication, and personal attention from top-rated attorneys is key to a successful personal injury case. To us, success means achieving the highest amount of monetary recovery possible for your damages. That’s precisely what we’ll strive to do for you. Call (215) 822-7575 or complete a confidential contact form to schedule a consultation today.