The act of driving requires a person’s full attention, but it is all too common for experienced drivers to become incredibly distracted while attempting to drive down the road. Most distractions are completely avoidable, but most drivers are unaware of the real risks associated with driving distracted.
Safety Tips to Help You Avoid Distracting Driving Accidents in PA
Here are a few things you can do to stay safe while driving on the road or highway in Pennsylvania:
- Stay Focused: One of the most important things that drivers can do to avoid becoming distracted is to devote their entire attention to safely navigating the roads.
- Turn Off Your Phone: It may be best to silence your cell phone, radio, or other noises that can make your focus drift away from the road. If you find yourself tempted to reach for your phone or other items while driving, then make a conscious effort to put the items out of reach so you won’t be able to distract yourself.
- Keep Your Hands on the Wheel: Never attempt to groom yourself while driving, and it’s advised that you don’t eat messy foods that can spill.
- Secure Your Kids: Make sure to secure your children, pets, groceries, or other items before starting your journey. Distracted driving accidents are more likely to occur when a driver’s attention is split between their children or pets and the road.
- Don’t Multitask: Drivers should always attempt to take care of other activities before or after their trip and never while behind the wheel.
Contact a Newtown Personal Injury Lawyer to Discuss Your Distracted Driving Accident Case in Pennsylvania
Did you or a loved one sustain serious injuries due to a distracted driving accident in Pennsylvania? Don’t let the medical bills pile up while you wait for the negligent party or their insurance company to do the right thing. Right now, you need an aggressive personal injury attorney on your side, fighting to get you the compensation you need, want, and deserve. The skilled attorneys at Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg, and Gifford represent clients injured because of a car accident in Newtown, Doylestown, Lansdale, King of Prussia, Norristown, and throughout Pennsylvania. Call 215-822-7575 or email us to schedule a consultation about your case. We have an office conveniently located at 2605 N. Broad St. Colmar, PA 18915, as well as offices in Newtown, PA.
The articles on this blog are for informative purposes only and are no substitute for legal advice or an attorney-client relationship. If you are seeking legal advice, please contact our law firm directly.