Rideshare Accident Attorneys in Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Having accessible transportation is an integral part of many people’s lives in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Electing ridesharing services, carpooling and finding a driver for your destination are easy. Although Uber and Lyft services help many people, passengers and other drivers on shared roads are not relieved of the risk and injury ensuing from car accidents.
In a rideshare accident case, the causes and damages involved can vary due to the nature of a rideshare driver’s line of work. If you have been injured as the result of an Uber or Lyft accident, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your damage and suffering by filing a claim with the help of our talented Uber/Lyft accident lawyer in Bucks County at Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford, P.C.
Common Reasons Rideshare Accidents Occur in Pennsylvania
Rideshare accidents can differ from other auto collisions in the factors that may contribute to collisions. Depending on the accident’s circumstances, severe injuries and damages may ensue to rideshare passengers and other drivers affected by the crash. If you were recently injured in an Uber or Lyft accident, it is beneficial to understand how these accidents occur and your options to take legal action against the liable parties.
Factors that may contribute to rideshare accidents include:
- Speeding: Rideshare drivers often rush their rides or speed to gain more driving opportunities during their workday.
- Distracted driving: Using a phone app and GPS while driving, rideshare drivers may be distracted and occupied with their phones during the duration of a ride.
- Driver fatigue: When driving for long hours, drivers are at higher risk for fatigue and car accidents from being drowsy behind the wheel.
- Unfamiliar roads: Traveling to local or far distances, rideshare drivers often travel in different areas. Unfamiliar roads and getting lost can cause distractions and frustration while driving.
- Dangerous weather: In dangerous or inclement weather on roads and highways, low visibility and road hazards may cause a collision.
- Poor road conditions: Hazards and poor conditions such as unpaved roads and construction can cause a car accident.
Regardless of the cause of an accident, enduring injuries and damages can change a person’s life significantly. Rideshare accidents often leave people with short and long-term injuries and seeking legal help after injury may help you feel more at ease throughout the process of filing an injury claim. With a dedicated rideshare accident attorney on your case, you may rest assured that your case is handled with honesty, efficiency, and professionalism.
Proving Liability After a Pennsylvania Rideshare Accident
Anytime someone is injured in a crash, they may take legal action against the party responsible for their damages. In rideshare accidents, determining liability and assessing coverage can be challenging due to the auto insurances and any company liability involved. Depending on who is responsible for the accident and coverage limitations that may apply, there may be different options we can pursue to claim compensation.
Possible liable parties in a rideshare accident include:
- The rideshare driver
- Another driver in the accident
- The rideshare company
While recovering from varying injuries, personal injury claims and legal proceedings can also be challenging to navigate. Understanding how rideshare companies determine liability and coverage when passengers and other drivers are injured may help you throughout the process of an injury claim.
Uber and Lyft Requirements for Compensation in a Car Accident
If you are a passenger or other driver injured in an accident, different types of coverage apply to cover the costs of damages. Your insurance as the other driver, the rideshare driver’s coverage, or the rideshare company may be held liable to compensate for damages.
Factors that apply to rideshare company accident coverage include:
- Whether the rideshare driver was logged into the app during the time of the collision
- If the accident occurred during a pick-up, drop-off, or in the middle of a ride
- If the accident occurred after the driver accepted the ride
If you were injured as a passenger in a car collision, chances are the driver or another negligent driver may cover the costs of damages. However, if the driver’s coverage does not cover the total damage and injuries endured in the collision, the rideshare company coverage may take over. With a skilled uber and lift rideshare accident attorney, you may rest assured that your case is evaluated accurately and coverage and liability are determined.
Which Damages Can I Recover After an Uber or Lyft Accident in Bucks County?
Every car accident affects people in different ways. After a rideshare accident, the injured person may have short- and long-term recoveries. Depending on the damage you endure because of the accident, an experienced legal team may work on your case to help you recover the total compensation you qualify to receive.
Types of injuries that may result from a car accident include:
- Traumatic brain injury or spinal damage
- Whiplash or head and neck injuries
- Facial trauma
- Broken or fractured bones
- Bruising, burns, or lacerations
- Soft tissue injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Mental health trauma
- Emotional distress
Compensable damages in a rideshare accident claim may include:
- Non-economic damages: Compensation awarded for pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of companionship, and other damages without calculable measures.
- Economic damages: Any past or present accident-related medical expenses, surgical costs, therapy, rehabilitation, loss of wages or employment, and other monetary losses.
- Punitive damages: Only awarded in certain circumstances, punitive damages are tacked onto the compensation awarded as a punishment for the negligent party’s acts.
After an Uber or Lyft accident, various factors must be considered when filing a claim and collecting evidence. By hiring a skilled legal team that specializes in personal injury and rideshare accident cases, you gain access to professional legal support and resources that benefit your claim. Finding a trustworthy rideshare accident attorney specializing in Ubers and Lifts does not have to be daunting or challenging. Entrust our reputable Bucks County rideshare accident lawyer to help you file a claim and work to achieve the best outcome in your injury case.
Speak With Our Bucks County Car Accident Lawyers at Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford, P.C.
Our seasoned attorneys at Rubin, Glickman, Steinberg & Gifford, P.C. bring over sixty years of experience to personal injury cases in Pennsylvania. We understand the varying aspects of your life that were affected at the hand of another driver’s negligence in an accident. Your personal injury claim and accident case are in the best legal hands with a talented Uber/Lyft accident lawyer in the Bucks County community.
For a free consultation, reach out to us at (215) 822-7575 or fill out our contact form.